Contact us today using our Contact Form
Safe Places only exists because of amazing volunteers who offer up their space and their time to those seeking help and support.
We have some fantastic community leaders, organisations and business on the Island that are willing to help and do an incredible job. If you’re interested in joining the Safe Places family, its free, it doesn’t take up too much time and you’d be offering a wonderful service to the community around you.
To take the first steps in getting registered, check out our
To be a Safe Place we have a few asks!
To become a Safe Place there are some essential basic points we need to agree on:
- You must be open to the public and have appropriate (live) public liability insurance
- You must be accessible for people with disabilities
- You must be staffed by at least 2 people at any one time
- You will never close your premises when someone has attended asking for help (even if you know them)
As a minimum you agree to:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment
- Contact the appropriate emergency services immediately if the vulnerable person has been a victim of crime or needs medical assistance
- Contact one of the people named on the back of the Safe Places Card if necessary
- Allow the person to speak to the named person, if desired
- Allow the person to wait on the premises until the named person (or police/ambulance) arrives or until they feel safe to leave
- Contact your Safe Places scheme co-ordinator on the number provided if the person does not have their card and there is no immediate danger/risk
- Keep your staff familiarised with the scheme so that they know what to do if a vulnerable person requires support
- Display the Safe Places poster in your premises so that it is easily visible to anyone using the Safe Places Scheme
- Notify the scheme operator If you wish to withdraw from the scheme.